When you peel life back to the core, you are here for one reason above all others — to express who you are, in all you do, with love and integrity. In other words, to be your best self.
Becoming your best self involves optimising all areas of your life to encourage growth and to improve focus, so you can live the life you want in a way that feels right for you. This may mean a change of mindset and it is worth it! Living your best life, as your best self, is the greatest appreciation you can have for the gift that is your life.
Trading a mindset of fear and pretence for one of authenticity and greatness can be scary, because humans learn from a very early age that to survive, we must be socially accepted and approved of. However, social acceptance is no longer a necessary element of your survival. It might be nice, but it’s not necessary.
What would it be like to take back your power and live proactively, with the aim of unfolding your potential, instead of being reactive or afraid of rejection? What might you do differently? Become curious about that. Explore it and imagine all the possibilities and opportunities it could open for you. When you choose to move through life making authentic and loving choices, you can lay a strong foundation for your future. Here are some tips to consider:
- Know yourself. Reflect on the beliefs and values that were handed down to you by the people you grew up with. Do those beliefs and values serve you now? If not, work on changing them. Don’t engage in the blame game, this is about taking ownership of your life from now on, not blaming others.
- Let go of the past. It cannot hurt you unless you let it. In fact, it does not exist anymore. All that exists is your representation of it. I am not saying this flippantly or with arrogance. I truly understand how the past can affect you, but enough is enough, the past has taken up enough space on your life timeline already. How might you represent your past differently, so you are place yourself as a victor not a victim?
*Note to club members: Please review the Self Discovery videos on Letting go of the Past and Brain code to learn how to do this.
- Let go of negative self-talk. Last week I spoke about the importance of positive self-talk. It is equally important to let go of negative self-talk. Let me put it bluntly here — sometimes you just need to take control and tell the negative committee inside your head to shut up! Negative inner dialogue is not YOU! The only way a negative conversation can continue is if you add layers to it. Cut it off and focus on the positive, the real you!
- Focus on your strengths. There are so many good things about you. You might not be used to thinking about them but please do. Look at your unique qualities, your skills, personal quirks, talents, etc. The good stuff is all there, if you look for it!
- Stop caring about what others think. People will think and they will have opinions. Some will love you and some will hate you, but the same goes for Marmite, Mars Bars, and strawberry ice-cream! You are not responsible for what other people think of you. In fact, it is none of your business. Live YOUR life.
*Note to club members: Please review the Self Discovery video What other people think.
- Be open to change and express yourself. Life is not stopping for you. It will evolve, and nothing ever stays the same. Embrace it, knowing that it is okay to express yourself in all your glory. You are not here to play small or live in anyone’s shadow. Be YOU!
My hope is that I can help lead you onto a path of living fearlessly and authentically. I hope to encourage you, inspire you and empower you to find the clarity and courage to follow your purpose, and to help you uncover who you were born to be. To find the wisdom and courage to live it, and to share with others your unique expression of this time you call your life. I invite you to download a FREE eBook I wrote, Success Made Simple (Download here https://donnakennedy.com/#ebook ), if you haven’t received it already, as it may help you further. And I welcome you to become part of my exclusive club, where you will learn from me and my leadership experts, so you can live the life you were born to live, with encouragement, guidance, and support. YOU DESERVE TO BE THE BEST YOU! See https://www.donnakennedy.com/join-donnas-club/ now.
To your success and happiness.